Sunday, April 21, 2019

Birthday card - Modern Mandala

Hello everyone! It's Lisa here with another card and crafty video. Today I created a birthday card using the "Modern Mandala" die from Pink Fresh Studio and some Distress Oxide inks. 




I started this card by tracing the mandala die onto some white cardstock in order to have a guide as to where to place my colors. Then I ink blended some Ranger "Distress Oxide" inks in rainbow colors in a circular pattern. At first it looks like a mess but trust me that once you glue the mandala die cut, it looks MUCH better. 



Then I die cut a circle slightly smaller than the mandala die cut piece using We R Memory Keepers "Nesting Circle Dies". I used my heat tool to speed up the ink drying process. I sprayed some "Sheer Shimmer Spritz" sparkle from Imagine Crafts and dried it with my heat tool again. You can barely see the shimmer in the video, but believe me that it sparkles



After that, I glued the white mandala die cut to my inked circle using some Ranger "Multi Medium Matte" adhesive. Then on a strip of white cardstock I stamped the Simon Says Stamp "CZ Simple Sentiments 2" with some Ranger "Archival" ink. I adhered the sentiment strip with some double-sided foam strips. 


To finish off the card, I adhered this piece onto some light blue cardstock using Gina K "Connect Glue". I hope you enjoyed this card. Thanks for joining me today and if you have any questions, feel free to write in the comments below. 



Here's a video with the process on how I made this card. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment