Sunday, May 21, 2017

Graduation Card


Graduation card
Hello there! It's Lisa here with another graduation card. This time I decided to do a shaker card. I started off with a 4.25 x 5.5" piece of gray cardstock. I die cut a circle in the center and glued a piece of acetate behind it. 

I stamped and colored a cap and diploma from Sunny Studio Stamps "Woo Hoo" stamp set and fussy cut them. I also added the happy graduation sentiment to the front of the card.   


Then I cut a piece of white fun foam slightly smaller than the gray cardstock and die cut the same size circle in the center to match my gray cardstock. I glued the piece of fun foam to the back of the gray carstock to add some dimension. 

White fun foam

I made a cardbase out of Neenah 110 lb. white cardstock and I stamped the Woo Hoo sentiment in the center, making sure to line it up with the die cut circle in the gray cardstock. I then glued a couple of sequins in place so that they will be visible all the time, even when shaking the card. I used a blue holographic 5mm sequin mix and some silver stars. 

Blue sequin mix

I glued the gray cardstock with the fun foam on top of the sequins. 
This is how it looks after you shake it. 


I added glossy accents to the cap to make it nice and shiny and also to the red bow on the diploma. It gives it a nice sparkle and shine that matches the sequins. 

To finish the card, I stamped the following sentiment on the inside of the card. 


This sentiment and strawberry are from the "Fresh & Fruity" stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps. The strawberry outline I stamped with Versafine onyx black ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then colored the image with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and I added some dots with a white gel pen. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card! If you have any questions, feel free to write it in the comments below. See you next time!

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shaker graduation card. Beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit of Sparkle Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete