Friday, May 5, 2017

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 4

Hello there again! 

Today I'm sharing a card I made for my brother celebrating his graduation from Pharmacy School. I also submitted this card for Lawn Fawnatics challenge #4 titled: "Black, White and Bright". The challenge is to do a black and white card with a pop of color. 


Here's a look at the card I made:

For the front of the card, I used Lawn Fawn's "Let's Polka in the Meadow" petite paper pack, the black and white hearts patterned paper. 

I then stamped a hot air balloon from Lawn Fawn's "Blue Skies" stamp set with Archival black ink on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. I used this paper because it blends the "Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens" beautifully. I colored the image in bright rainbow colors. I added some shimmer with a Spectrum Noir clear shimmer pen.   


I used the coordinating die to cut the image. I added a graduation cap from Sunny Studio Stamps called "Woo Hoo". Here is a close up of the hot air balloon with the graduation cap. You can see the beautiful shimmer. 


I adhered the balloon with some foam tape to add some dimension. 

To finish the card, I used a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Blue Skies" stamp set and added it to the top of the card. At the bottom of the card, I stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Happy, Happy, Happy" stamp set. 


I hope you liked today's card. If you liked my card or have any questions, please leave a comment below. 

See you next time! 

Supplies:

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea for this challenge! I love the brightly colored balloon with the neutral black and white backdrop. Congrats to your brother on his graduation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your brother! I love that shimmer and, like Nancy, the contrast of the bright balloon with the neutral B&W. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete