Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Male Room Challenge #116 - Surf's Up

Hello everyone! It's Lisa here and I am very excited to be doing my first post as a Guest Designer for "The Male Room" challenge blog. 


 The Male Room Challenge Blog


This new challenge is "Surf's Up!" and it runs from July 24 to August 6. I encourage you to give this theme a try. All you have to do is create a masculine card for any age with the "Surf's Up" theme. It's a lot of fun! 




For today's post, I created a birthday card with a beach scene and of course a surfboard. 




Doesn't it make you want to go surfing? 🏄



I started by cutting a panel of 110 lb. Kraft card stock. Then I made some splatters with some "Vintage Photo" Distress Oxide ink, "Tarnished Brass" Distress Paint, and some "White" acrylic paint. I used an acrylic block and a paintbrush to create the splatters. 




After the paint had dried, I cut some sand dunes with Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside Borders" die. 

On a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth 110 lb. card stock, I used a "Drifts and Hills" stencil from My Favorite Things to create waves. I used my Ranger rounded ink blending tool to ink up the stencil with "Salty Ocean" and "Peacock Feathers" Distress Oxide inks. 

Then I used a brush from Momenta to lightly ink the sky with "Salty Ocean" Distress Oxide ink. 




After I finished inking up my waves, I adhered the kraft sand dunes and trimmed my card to approximately 5.5 x 4.25 inches. 




To add my sentiment, I used the "Loopy Letters Lower Case" die from Sunny Studio. These are awesome and it's super easy to create your own sentiments with these loopy letters. 




I didn't have a surfboard stamp or die, so I created my own surfboard by tracing and cutting out the shape out of some white card stock. I added the word "Aloha" with the Concord & 9th "Perfectly Penned" stamp set and some Lawn Fawn "Mermaid" ink. Then I inked up the edges of the surfboard with some "Antique Linen" Distress ink and a mini ink dauber to make it look aged and rugged. I also cut out some strips of blue and turquoise card stock and adhered them to my surfboard. 




I added the surfboard to my card behind a sand dune. Then I adhered a sun to the top right corner and added a little starfish from Hero Arts "Mermaid Kisses" stamp set. To finish the card, I adhered the card panel unto a 5.5 x 4.25 light blue note card. 






I hope you guys enjoyed my card! I encourage you to try this challenge and link up your masculine cards here at The Male Room Challenge blog. 




Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write below! 😏

Here's a video on the process of making this card. 





8 comments:

  1. Great card - the sand looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous, Lisa! I loved watching you work the magic on your video! Your attention to detail is inspiring!! Congratulations on your GD at the Male Room! You have a new follower! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Darnell! Thank you so much for your kind words. ♥

      Delete
  3. Fab card and photo! Thanks for being our GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have you as GDT for this challenge Lisa with this amazing card. Fabulous details. Thank you so much for joining us in our Surf’s Up challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete