Saturday, April 11, 2020

Spring Critter Huggers - Bunny

Hello everyone! It's Lisa here with an Easter project to share with you. 




I made this cute bunny treat box using the "Spring Critter Huggers" dies from Lawn Fawn. I used the original dies and added a few simple things to make a treat basket where you can place candy or goodies inside. Here's a video of the process. I hope you enjoy it!






I started by die cutting the bunny frame 2 times out of some Neenah white 110 lb. cardstock. 
Then I die cut the face, which adds the stitched details with the whiskers. 





After this, I die cut all the little elements or accessories needed to decorate the bunny. I die cut the belly and puffy tail out of some gray cardstock. The feet were cut out of white cardstock. The inside of the ears, nose, and mouth, I die cut out of some pink cardstock. The two dots of the eyes I die cut out of white cardstock and colored them black. 




After I die cut all the elements, I adhered them unto the bunny with some Ranger Multi Medium Matte. 





To make the sides of the bunny, I die cut 2 pieces of white cardstock 2.75 inches by 2.25 inches. On the long side (2.75"), I scored each side at .25 or 1/4 of an inch with my bone folder. These scored sides create a hinge which you glue to the back side of each bunny, joining them on the sides. 






To make the base, I die cut a square piece of white cardstock to be a little smaller than 2.75 inches, and I scored all sides at .25 or 1/4 of an inch. After scoring all the sides, I cut a small notch on each side with scissors to glue the sides together. You will glue this little base to the bottom or feet of the bunnies to enclose the bottom of the box so that you'll be able to put treats inside. 




And that's it! Your bunny treat basket is done! You can decorate the outside by adding some Easter eggs for the bunny to hold. 





You can place candy or goodies inside and give as a gift to a friend. 






I hope you enjoyed today's project. Thank you for joining me today and if you have any questions or comments, please write them below!




Materials used to make this card: • Neenah 110 lb. white card stock • Lawn Fawn - Spring Critter Huggers dies • Sizzix Big Shot • Pink cardstock • Gray cardstock • Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive • EK Success Craft Tweezers • Marvy Uchida - Jewel Picker Gina K Designs - Connect glue • Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz Comfort Trimmer • Martha Stewart 12x12 scoring board • Teflon Bone Folder
• Lawn Fawn - Happy Easter stamp


 Spring Critter Huggers - Lawn Fawn

No comments:

Post a Comment